It’s a beautiful trek, with spectacular views of the Manaslu and going through authentic Hindu and Tibetan-style villages. You start low, walking through green countryside, and passing small Hindu villages. Heading northwards, the valley opens up to reveal delightful alpine meadows and small Tibetan-style villages which cluster beneath Manaslu’s sweeping North Face. Eventually the trail reaches Samagaon, the largest and most important village in the region. From here you head west and cross the Larke Pass (5160 m), a classic and tough route linking the Buri Gandaki with the Marsyangdi valley. The descent passes through beautiful alpine meadows at Bimtang, before joining the main Annapurna Circuit route and heading to the trailhead at Besi Sahar.
The itinerary below is one of the many possibilities, the trek can be longer or shorter, depending on the length of your walking days. There are basic guesthouses all along the trail, so you can choose if you want to camp or stay at the teahouses/guesthouses.
- Day To Day Itinerary
Day 01: Arrival in Kathmandu
Day 02: Kathmandu Valley Sightseeing
Day 03: Drive to Arughat (Gorkha) (700m)
Day 04: Arughat to Sati Khola (815m)
Day 05: Sati Khola to Labu Besi (900m)
Day 06: Labu Besi to Jagat (1250m)
Day 07: Jagat to Ngyak (1950m)
Day 08: Ngyak to Ghap (2050m)
Day 09: Ghap to Lho (3148m)
Day 10: Lho to Samagaon (3517m)
Day 11: Samagaon to Samdo (3738m)
Day 12: Samdo to Dharmashala (4480m)
Day 13: Acclimatization day
Day 14: Dharmasala to Bhimtang (3890m) the day of Larky La Pass (5113m)
Day 15: Bhimtang to Tilje (3010m)
Day 16: Tilje to Tal (1725m)
Day 17: Tal to Syange (1175m)
Day 18: Syange to Besisahar (825m)
Day 19: Besisahar to Kathmandu by road service.
Day 20: Final Departure.
Day 01: Arrival in ...
Area: Everest Trekking
Activities: Trekking and sightseeing
Starting and ending points: Lukla / Lukla
Maximum altitude: 5545 meters
Duration of the trip: 16 Days
Group size: 1 - 12 packs
Best season: October - December and March - May
Cost and payment details
What Is Included In Manaslu Trek.
- *All pickups and drops from and to the airport by private vehicles (Bus van, Jeep, Haice and Bus).
- *All hotel charges in Kathmandu on BB plan.
- *A guided city tour in Kathmandu.
- *All Standard Breakfast during the trek (Breakfast)
- *English Speaking Local Guide who holds Government License
- *Twin sharing accommodations in lodges (all during the trek)
- *Required local staffs and porters for your assistance during the trek
- *All required fee in national parks and conservation areas
- *Food, accommodation, equipment, salary, insurance, medicine for all trekking staffs
- *Required Down Jacket and Sleeping Bag (needs to be returned after the trek)
- *All surface transfers from and to Kathmandu
- *All Sightseeing or Monument Entrance fees in Kathmandu
- *All Official Expenses
- *Farewell Dinner
- *All Government taxes of Nepal
What Is Not Included In Manaslu Trek.
- *All Lunches and Dinners.
- *All International Airfare and airport departure tax
- *Travel insurance required for emergency rescue and evacuation
- *Nepal Entry Visa which can be obtained easily upon your arrival at Tribhuvan International Airport in Kathmandu
- *Personal Trekking Equipment
- *Tips for trekking staff and driver (well, tipping is expected)
- *All alcoholic and other drinks (hot and cold)
- *And, any other expenses which are not mentioned on Price Included section
Related information about this trip
Please click on Trip map for Larger view